Why WordPress Is So Popular & Why You Should Use It
Why WordPress Is So Popular & Why You Should Use ItAugust 19, 2016
The must to be known fact about WordPress is that it is the largest content management platform. However, it’s not an enough big reason you should be using WordPress too. Actually, a few questions will cross your mind. Questions like…
- Why WordPress is so popular? Why people prefer it so much?
- People have so many options, but why every fourth website created, is on WordPress?
- Does it have any limitations that you may not be aware of?
- And most important, is it good enough to be your final choice?
Why #1. WordPress Is Free & Open Source
WordPress is an open source software – free to use, edit and redistribute. That’s why you can easily find its original source codes publicly available. WordPress software is completely free and comes with unlimited validity. You can download it from its official website.
By the way, all hosting companies generally provide one-click installation facility of WordPress. Ask it before you buy hosting.
Why #2. Create Any Website With WordPress
Today, WordPress is more than a blog publishing platform. It has a lot of versatility and gives you full flexibility to create any type of website. Wide range of themes and plugins increase its functionality to a great extent.
Almost all form of websites possible…
- An eCommerce website like eBay or Alibaba.
- A Blog like Mashable or TechCrunch.
- A Video Website like YouTube or Vimeo.
- A Service/Appointment Booking Website.
- A Photography Website like Flickr.com.
- A Directory Website like YellowPages or Yelp.
- A Classified Ads Listing Website like OLX.
- A Membership Website like Udemy.
- A Question Answer Forum like Quora.com.
- A Knowledgebase/Wiki website.
Why #3. WordPress Is 99 % SEO Friendly [Acc. to Google]
Google and all search engines show and rank websites in search results on the basis of various predefined parameters. The more parameters you fulfill, the better your website ranks in search results.
Good news is that WordPress takes all the SEO responsibilities that a CMS is supposed to fulfill. Much better, there are various SEO plugins available to help improve search engine visibility of your WP website.
Why #4. WordPress Is Easy to Use
WordPress is growing fast and one of the main reason is it’s easy. If you still feel hard to use. Just a one click installation, and WP is ready for use.
There are inbuilt facilities for blog publishing, user management, comments, RSS feeds, revisions and much more. Once installed, you can start creating and publishing blogs and pages, and making custom configurations without any coding.
Why #5. WordPress Is Easy To Customize
It’s possible to customize colors, design, and even features of a WordPress theme. Doesn’t matter you are a developer or not. Customizing your website through coding in not mandatory.
Why #6. Large Community Helps In Troubleshooting
WordPress has a massive community of active users and developers. Its well-maintained support forum contains millions of queries and solutions to troubleshoot problems. You can also search for your query to get previously answered question. Post your questions unhesitatingly, and you’ll get a 100% valid solution. Apart from its official forum, there are number of other WordPress dedicated forums run by developers where one can ask queries and get solutions.
Why #7. WordPress Is Secure Enough
WordPress has a high-security standard.
But since 23% of the websites on internet are built on it, hackers continuously try to find loopholes in WordPress to get into sites built on it. But not to worry. Regular updates provided by WordPress strongly protect you from this vulnerability. Regularly updating your WordPress version is quite effective to fight this vulnerability point.
Why #8. WordPress Supports Multimedia
WordPress have very rich text editor i.e WYSIWYG. It support easy insertion of images, video, audio in blog post. we can insert any media files in our content within a single click, users mostly engage with images, videos or audios in webpages.
Add anything from a high-resolution image or video to support what you have written. It’s not only easy to upload these files but you can also edit them easily.
Why #9. It Is Easily Integrated With Any Service/Application
Default WordPress has lot of inbuilt functionality but you can even make it more powerful with plugins.
When you install Plugins, it will add extra functionality in your WordPress website. Some plugin and free and other are premium. There are around 41000+ plugins available at WordPress repository.
There are lots of functions that can be easily integrated with WordPress.
- Contact Form – Contact Form is among the basic requirements for any website. Contact Form 7 is the most recommended plugin for WordPress. However there are several limitation with it. You can not collecting payments with it, if you have multiple website then you have to install it on each website and manage then individually. So as a better alternative to contact form 7, you can use FormGet Contact Form Plugin. FormGet is easy to configure, you can collect online payments with it, see all entries collected from your multiple websites in a single dashboard, and much more.
- Email Marketing – Email Marketing is one of the most important feature to get intact with your customers. With email marketing service integration, emails collected through your website get automatically added to your mailing list.
Why #10. It’s Getting Exponentially Better
Being the large and most effective community, WordPress is evolving day by day to improve its user friendly interface and features. With the passage of time, WordPress enhances its system every time with the latest version.
Apart from the blogs, Business WordPress websites has increased dramatically and in near future, we may see various enhancements like:
More optimized SEO features, large amount of WordPress user, extended & convenient dashboard and much more.
Overall WordPress is nice CMS to adopt for your next business website. We highly recommend to use it. Do share your thoughts with us in the comments below, it will be helpful for entire community.
Article by: Neeraj Agarwal
DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE ?
Now that you've done your research and are ready to kickstart marketing and public relation endeavors for your business, get in touch with our exceptional staff to see what The Juvia Agency can do for you.CONTACT US
- 54 W. 40th Street New York, NY 10018
- +1 (844) JUVIA-NY
- hello [at] thejuviaagency.com
- Working hours
- Available 24 Hours